Looking to earn money, find independence and get on the career ladder?
You might be searching for the right job or next steps in education and just need some support to get you there.
That’s where Jobs Growth Wales+ can help. It’s a great way to boost your confidence and get a taste of work you might be interested in. You’ll also have access to free training, work placements and paid jobs with employers in your area.
What is Jobs Growth Wales+?
Jobs Growth Wales+ is a training and development programme for 16-19 year olds that gives you the skills, qualifications and experience you need to get a job or further training.
It’s a very flexible programme which is designed around you. So, Jobs Growth Wales+ is a good option whether you want just a little help or more support.
Jobs Growth Wales+ is a Welsh Government programme included in the Young Person’s Guarantee.
What are the benefits of Jobs Growth Wales+?
With Jobs Growth Wales+ you can:
- Try out jobs you might be interested in through work trials and placements
- Get paid with weekly training allowances whilst learning and a real wage when employed
- Receive ongoing advice, guidance, and one-to-one coaching to help you achieve your goals
- Build your confidence as you grow your skills and experience
- Train and gain recognised qualifications to boost your career options
- Get a foot in the door and access to jobs with local employers
Who can apply for Jobs Growth Wales+?
You can apply for Jobs Growth Wales+ if you are:
- Between 16-19 years old; and
- Living in Wales; and
- Are not in full-time education, employment or training
Our Working Wales advisers must also assess you as needing support available through one of the three strands of the Jobs Growth Wales+ programme.
Support available through Jobs Growth Wales+
Jobs Growth Wales+ has three strands of support:
Not sure what career path you want to follow? This strand of Jobs Growth Wales+ will help you decide.
Need extra qualifications or support to take your next step? Get ahead with this Jobs Growth Wales+ strand.
Want some help to get into work? Get a job with this strand of Jobs Growth Wales+.
Contact us to apply for Jobs Growth Wales+
We will talk with you about your goals and if Jobs Growth Wales+ is right for you, we’ll refer you on to the programme.
Get in touch by phone, email, or webchat:
You can also request a call back at a time that suits you.
A guaranteed offer of support for under 25s in Wales to gain a place in education or training, find a job or become self-employed. Feed your positivity with the Young Person’s Guarantee.
Search for programmes that can help you improve your skills and work opportunities